Behaviour and Anti-bullying
At Richard Coates Church of England Middle School, our mission is to enable all individulas to achieve their full potential within a happy and caring Christian community. The Christian values of love, care, and tolerance underpin our approach to managing behaviour in school and we use the gospel of St Matthew, "In everything, do to others as you would have them do to you," to guide us in our overarching principle of respect.
We are proud of the reputation we have for outstanding behaviour for learning, as evidenced by Ofsted (May 2013), and our highly acclaimed anti-bullying work (we are an Anti-Bullying Accredited School).
Please browse the documents below for information about our approach to behaviour and discipline, and for guidance on how you can support your child at home with issues relating to bullying (as shared with parents on our Anti-Bullying Evening).
- Resilience and action for happiness : ( Resilience and action for happiness.pdf )
- Books and films about bullying : ( Books and films about bullying.pdf )
- Books about bullying : ( Books about bullying.pdf )
- Parent tips - Listening to your child : ( Parent tips - Listening to your child.pdf )
- Resolving Conflict Peacefully : ( Resolving Conflict Peacefully.pdf )
- Cyberbullying information and helpful links : ( Cyberbullying information and helpful links.pdf )
- Anti-bullying presentation (20.11.14) : ( Anti-bullying presentation (20.11.14).pdf )
- Anti-bullying Alliance - Cyberbullying tips for parents & carers : ( Anti-bullying Alliance - Cyberbullying tips for parents & carers.pdf )