The aim of our curriculum is to develop high aspirations and excellence for all, providing opportunities for every child to ‘let their light shine’.
The curriculum is the means by which we achieve our objectives of educating children in the knowledge, skills and understanding that they need in order to lead fulfilling lives.The curriculum comprises of all of the planned activities which we organise, in order to promote not just learning but personal growth and development. It includes both the formal requirements of the National Curriculum and outlines how we further use the freedoms afforded to schools to encourage our pupils to grow into positive, responsible people, who can work and co-operate with others while developing knowledge and skills, thereby achieving their full potential.
We ensure that all children have a broad, balanced and relevant education which provides continuity and progression and takes individual differences into account.
Richard Coates C of E Middle School's curriculum is underpinned by our core Christian values of respect for self and respect for others:
- We respect each child in our school for who they are and we treat them with honesty and fairness
- We value the way in which all children are unique and our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each individual child, as well and people of all cultures
- We understand the needs of our pupils and strive the ensure that every lesson delivered is differentiated, so that all pupils are exposed to sufficient challenge
- We value our environment and we aim, through our Curriculum, to teach respect for our world and how we care for it for future generation as well as our own.
- We organise our curriculum so that we promote co-operation and understanding between all members of our community.
Please browse the pages to learn about the content for subject specifc areas of the curriculum. Further details may be obtained by written request to the school.